Core Functions of the Commission
To achieve its objectives, the Commission shall among other things:
- set in place programmes of action to prevent, combat and eradicate the illicit trade in small arms and light weapons;
- educate and sensitize the public and provide information on the dangers of small arms and light weapons in order to discourage their illicit production and circulation;
- ensure that obligations under the Economic Community of West African States are complied with;
- advise the Minister for the Interior on the formulation of policies and strategies as contained in the ECOWAS Convention on Small Arms and Light Weapons and any other relevant international conventions to which Ghana is a party or has acceded to;
- receive and study periodic reports from the Ghana Police Service on the registration and licensing of arms and;
- perform any other functions related to the objectives of the Commission.